1. Short title, commencement and extent.- (1) This Act may be cited as the Code of Civil Procedure, 1908.
(2) It shall come into force on the 1st day of January, 1909.
(3) It extends to the whole of India except— (a) the State of Jammu and Kashmir;
(b) the State of Nagaland and the tribal areas:
Provided that the State Government concerned may, by notification in the Official Gazette, extend the provisions of this Code or any of them to the whole or part of the State of Nagaland or such tribal areas, as the case may be, with such supplemental, incidental or consequential modifications as may be specified in the notification.
Explanation : In this clause, “tribal areas” means the territories which, immediately before 21-1-1972, were included in the tribal areas of Assam as referred to in paragraph 20 of the Sixth Schedule to the Constitution.
(4) In relation to the Amindivi Islands, and the Last Godavari, West Godavari and Visakhapatnam Agencies in the State of Andhra Pradesh and the Union territory of Lakshadweep, the application of this Code shall be without prejudice to the application of any rule or regulaion for the time being in force in such Islands, Agencies or such Union territory, as the case may be, relating to the application of this Code.
Let us first know the CIVIL PROCEDURE CODE
- The word procedure itself says that it deals with the procedure that are following in the court proceedings and in any legal proceedings.
- The helping hand of this procedure code , is the civil rules of practice.
- civil procedure code contains total sections 158 and 51 orders.
- A to H total 8 appendixes and 2 to 5 schedules .
- SECTION 1 commencement and extent of cpc
It apply to INDIA