The AP Tahsildars and Deputy tahsildars Act
THE ANDHRA PRADESH TAHSILDARS
AND DEPUTY TAHSILDARS
(CONSTRUCTION OF REFERENCES)
Act No. 15 of 1985
An Act. to provide for the construction of references to Tahsildars or Deputy Tahsildars on the formation of Revenue Mandals.
Whereas Mandals have been formed in accordance with the provisions of the Andhra Pradesh Districts (Formation) Act, 1974 and an officer with the designation of Mandal Revenue Officer has been appointed to each such Mandal ;
And whereas the Mandal Revenue Officer is entrusted with the same powers and functions of the Tahsildar and the Deputy Tahsildar in relation to each such Mandal;
And whereas it is necessary to provide for construction of reference to Tahsildar or Deputy Tahsildar in the laws in force in the State ;
1. Short title, extent and commencement:—
(1) This Act may be called the Andhra Pradesh Tahsildars and
Deputy Tahsildars (Construction of References) Act, 1985.
(2) It extends to the whole of the State of Andhra Pradesh.
(3) It shall be deemed to have come into force on the 25th May,
2. Construction of references to Tahsildar or Deputy Tahsildar:—
In the application of any law, rule, bye-law, regulation, notification,
scheme, form or order, any reference by whatever form of words to the Tahsildar, Special Tahsildar, Deputy Tahsildar or Special Deputy Tahsildar, shall, unless the context otherwise requires, be construed as a reference to the Mandal Revenue Officer__
3. Power to remove difficulties:—
(1) If any difficulty arises in giving effect to the provisions of this Act, the Government may make such orders not inconsistent with the provisions of this Act, as appear to them
to be necessary or expedient for the purpose of removing the difficulty:
Provided that no such order shall be made after the expiration of two years from the commencement of this Act.
(2) Every order made under this section shall, as soon as may be after it is made, be laid before the Legislative Assembly of the State.
4. Repeal of Ordinance 12 of 1985:—
The Andhra PradeshTahsildars and Deputy Tahsildars (Construction of References) Ordinance, 1985 is hereby repealed.